Friday 24 May 2013

Blue as Summer Skies

Today I would like to share with you the story of a necklace I made over the last weekend. It started off with me playing around with some blue glass focals and the desire to do some bead embroidery, which, note please, I have only used twice before and only to create some very simple pendants. 


You might notice that the blue pebbles have strings of white in them. They kind of remind me of clouds. 


So I drew the outline on paper and transferred it to the felt. After that I glued the pebbles on and started encompassing them with seed beads. And after filling up the surface (with a few mishaps like cutting the wrong thread or being exactly one bead short - let's see who can find where that happened), adding the ribbon, and adding all the necessary finishing touches to it, here is the end result. This was my first project with bead embroidery on this scale and I hope you like it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment